My lesbian story— Yvonne Nelson Read more

08:14:00 Unknown 0 Comments



My interview with top Ghanaian actress – Yvonne Nelson-was a revelation in so many ways. Of the leading Nollywood stars, Yvonne is among those I had not had a close relationship with. I had watched her from afar, seen countless number of her movies and had always thought she was a great and talented actress – someone who combined poise, beauty and style. I had also heard of some ...and had dependably thought she was an extraordinary and capable performing artist – somebody who consolidated balance, excellence and style. I had likewise known about some upsetting things attributed to her – the bits of gossip about sexual introduction which some say skirted between unadulterated lesbianism and bi-sexualism – all way of shenanigans that had been whispered and distributed about her. A few years prior, she turned out with a motion picture, "Heart of Men", in which she appeared to have showed up in frontal nudity– an improvement that set off a firestorm of challenge among Nollywood darlings –with numerous censuring the abuse of realistic sexual pictures to advance and offer films – which was a deviation of what Nollywood had dependably been seen to speak to: a family benevolent stimulation medium. Yvonne Nelson Added to a charged battle for matchless quality amongst her and individual Ghanaian on-screen character – Jackie Appiah – an advancement that was said to have brought about her highly announced one-year restriction from Nollywood-you start to have a profile of a performing artist who may seem to be a diva and fairly stubborn. It was with outlook that I respected the opportunity to meet Yvonne Nelson, when her agent called and educated me that the beautiful performing artist was in New York, and would love to converse with me. Thus on the soothing and unseasonably warm night of March, 2012, I headed to the Marriot Hotel situated at the heart of Times Square, Manhattan, where she was staying, to do this meeting. Awful young lady parts The main disclosure was that Yvonne Nelson is an exceedingly beautiful on-screen character –far prettier, all things considered, than in her films. Second, she is a long ways from those awful young lady parts she plays in films. Yvonne neither smokes nor drinks. An offer of beverages from me was straight yet benevolently dismisses. Her portrayal as a diva likewise felt level in light of the fact that the Yvonne that I saw and met was completely grounded and even timid. So why every one of the misguided judgments?, I asked her. In a style and vocal rhythm that demonstrated a profoundly instructed and urbane personality, Yvonne let me know she had been gigantically misjudged. "That is the reason I will address some of those misguided judgments now. Despite the fact that it torments me to need to discuss them, however I will. I am nothing near the parts I play in motion pictures. Individuals ought to comprehend that I am a performers and I get scripts that anticipate that me will act in a specific way. As a quintessential expert, I am not going to turn down those scripts since I was relied upon to act in a specific manner,"she said. "I am mindful that a few people protested the part I played in the film "Heart of Men" where there had all the earmarks of being some type of frontal bareness, yet the reality of the situation is that there was no such plain show of nakedness. Be that as it may, how about we notwithstanding for contention say there was some nakedness, why are we so judgmental and to some degree fraudulent? Similar
individuals who brought issues with that film watch Hollywood motion pictures where sexually realistic scenes are appeared in a most ethically horrifying way. We don't denounce such parts; we, indeed, celebrate such parts. I am not a supporter of nakedness or sexually realistic pictures in our motion pictures. I have really talked against some of those inclinations; I will never show up frontally bare in any motion picture regardless of the charges guaranteed. "I have ethics and my ethics are held nearly to my mid-section. As you may review, I was by all account not the only individual in that scene; there were others, and I am dependably at a misfortune when my part seemed to have been the one that earned the most response. In the event that you have been taking after the business, which I trust you do, obvious turn to nakedness has been significantly decreased. It was a stage one that was tested by a few makers and understanding that it ran counter to the qualities that Nollywood orGallywood embraced, the makers did a reversal to doing stories that are overwhelming on family values." One of the bits of gossip that ruled the business, a year ago, was one that focused on her sexual introduction. It was generally guessed that Yvonne Nelson was a lesbian or, best case scenario, a bi-sexual. Until this minute, Yvonne had not remarked on that talk and when I asked her what her genuine sexual introduction would she say she was, looked at me straight without flinching and said "take a gander at me… .what do you think? Obviously, I am not a lesbian. Lesbianism is against my religious convictions, it's against my social standards and I think it was extremely naughty for individuals to intimate such about somebody they scarcely knew. The gossip was begun by a famous site in Ghana a year ago when they reported that they had never observed me with a man. In their distorted and bent count, I was along these lines a lesbian. Could you envision such vulgar thinking? That they had not seen me with a man, and may have seen me with my sweethearts going out to have a ton of fun, and afterward consequently I was a lesbian. It was an ax work – an endeavor to dishonor me, however they all fizzled. I am hetero and would stay one till the end. When you are in the general population light as I have been honored and favored to being, your life turns into an open property and some naughty individuals will say all way of things in regards to you. It goes with the job, so I excuse them." 'Jim Iyke and I' Sometime back, it was additionally reported that Yvonne was in included in a hot sentiment with Nollywood on-screen character – Jim Iyke. Jim Iyke then was hot and substantial with the Jamaican model – Ketura Hamilton – an issue that has since cracked. Proceeds one week from now



0 comments: